Friday 11 January 2013

Last days at Durrell

Hiya,



So it's getting to be the end of the road for me here at Durrell. Sadly the job that I accepted fell through so it's back to the original plan meaning that I am sadly having to elave here indefinitely on the 24th November. I have loved every single second of being here and I honestly believe its changed my life in so many fantastic ways. I have met some amazing people and made wonderful friends, all of whom I will miss terribly but I know I will see again soon. I have had such a wonderful opportunity to learn from Durrell and to see and work with animals and people I never even dreamed possible. May feels like such a long time ago and yet these past 6 months have flown by and I wish I could have stayed here for longer but I take comfort in knowing that I get to see all of my friends and family back home and I know that in a few years time I'll be back in this part of the world :) It's hard to narrow it down or try to list the myriad wonderful things I've experienced here but here's a small taste - in case you've forgotten - of the things I've done since I got here...

1) Met Lee Durrell (my workmates got her to sign a Gerald Durrell book for me for leaving gift - it's the most amazing thing!)
2)Saw David Attenborough in the flesh and he said "hi" to me :)))))))))))))
3) Got to work with the staff and animals at Durrell and learn from some of the best in the business
4) Got offered a job with Durrell and was trained as a keeper
5) Got to go to amazing Jersey events like Battle of the Flowers, the Battle of Britain Air Show, Bonfire Night, the ITEX walk etc.
6) Made wonderful life-long friends with staff and students :) :) :)
Coming to the Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust has truly been the best decision I have ever made and I am grateful every day that I had the guts to go for it and that you guys all supported me. I'll miss this place like crazy and if you any of you get the chance to visit then I completely and whole-heartedly recommend it :) and for those of you who might be reading this who are still there - thankyou so much for making it so amazing - Jersey wouldn't have been one tenth as good if not for all of you and I know you'll all have an equally amazing experience :)



miss all of you

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment