Tuesday 29 May 2012

How not to arrive in a country...

Or as it should perhaps be titled - how to be refused entry into a country.

It is official guys - I am now a rebel. I have been sat down in a room with only a table and two chairs, both of which are heavily chained to the floor and told that I was not allowed a camera or any of my personal belongings, I have been searched, I have been put into waiting rooms and I have been scanned, photographed and fingerprinted. According to the documents I was handed detailing why they were able to detain and fingerprint me it is because I "failed to give satisfactory or reliable answers to an Immigration Officer's enquiries" as such I was "detained under paragraph 16 of Schedule 2 to the 1971 Act".

In reality it was a work permit miscommunication but since this may be the closest to "cool" I ever get - I am revelling. I am also slightly drunk and exceedingly tired.

Anyway, it's all been sorted now and I am at present waiting for my new flight in the BA lounge having been upgraded to business class. Hence the Wi-Fi and hence the "slightly drunk".

I'll post again with pictures once I'm in Jersey,

xx

2 comments:

  1. Dude, what's wrong with your skype?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim

    Glad you're drunk.
    Not glad you had a pooh time at customs.

    Thinking of you drinking
    elle xx

    ReplyDelete