Wednesday 30 May 2012

St. Helier

The High Street

Almost every corner had a Real Jersey Ice Cream stand to taunt me 

This is the fountain in the main indoor markets - it's a similar set up to the Victoria Markets with mostly flower, meat and fresh produce stalls all inside a large open building. 

A cute stall in the markets




A tribute to Jersey Cows - I also thought it was funny with the man standing there as to me it looks like he and the cows are all looking at the same thing :) 


What I thought was a cool castle on the top of the hill  - turned out to be a private school. 

One of the many parks and squares in St. Helier



I got extremely lost and so I thought I'd head for the churches - assuming that would be higher ground and I could see where I was. The plan did not work but I did get to see this very impressive church - it's St. Mary's church and they do English, Polish and Portuguese mass - though thinking about it they may still all be in Latin - not sure.


1 comment: